- "In DEVILS DANCE, Richard Karlen transports the reader through
a tale of genetic anguish with grace and sensitivity. The effects of Huntingtons
Disease to the family members in this story remain with the reader long after the book is
- Leonard A. Cole, author of THE ELEVENTH PLAGUE: The Politics of Biological and
- "In DEVILS DANCE, Richard Karlen offers a vivid and compelling window into
the experience of Huntingtons Disease, and the tragic impact such an illness can
have on a family."
- Musa Mayer, author of ADVANCED BREAST CANCER: A Guide To Living With Metastatic Disease
- "Although the characters in DEVILS DANCE are fictitious, the devastating
effects Huntingtons Disease has on its victims and their families are not. The
Huntingtons Disease Society of America thanks Dr. Karlen for supporting us in our
mission to help HD families through education and research."
- Karen Johnson, President, Huntingtons Disease Society of America/NJ Chapter
- "DEVILS DANCE hits home for anyone connected with Huntingtons Disease.
It also serves as an accurate account for the uninitiated of the havoc the illness wreaks.
Finally, DEVILS DANCE functions as an exciting, intriguing, suspense-crime novel, a
- Hugh Sherry, Huntingtons caregiver and parent of two at risk children.
- "DEVIL'S DANCE is a gripping page-turner, which manages to offer sensitive insights
into the plight of a man and his family afflicted with Huntington's Disease. Humor
and caring raise this novel several notches above the usual thriller."
Michael Sananman, M.D. Clinical Associate Professor of Neurosciences, University of
Medicine and Dentistry of NJ.